The living room just does not have enough spaces for people to do various recreational activities. That is why more and more people are considering having a recreational area at home aside from their living room. And the best room in the home to convert into a recreational area is definitely the basement. Do your basement to be a hundred times more awesome? Here are some tips for you to check out:
• Pick a theme – Before you put your decorative skills into test, it would be great if you can pick a theme, first. With a theme, there would be coherence between the various decors in your game room. The sky is the limit when picking a theme. Some of the most popular themes for recreational rooms include superhero themes, basketball themes, and video game themes. You can even pick a posh theme if you want.
• Get the coziest furniture – It is important for you to get the coziest furniture for your recreational area. After all, it is expected for you to spend hours in it especially if you are having fun with your family and friends. Be creative when choosing furniture pieces. Get a huge couch with foot rests so you can play your video games comfortable. Scatter several beanie bags across the room for everyone to use.
• Have a board game collection – Playing board games is definitely one of the best ways to kill time and have lots of fun at the same time. That is why it is ideal for you to secure as much board games as you want for your recreational room. Some popular board games include chess, checkers, and scrabble. Display these board games in a board game cabinet. Make sure they can be accessed easily.
• Have at least one table game – A table game can definitely be one of the focal elements in your recreational area. It can be a pool table, a ping pong table, a poker table, a foosball table, and any other kind of table you can think of. You can install overhead lighting for your game table to create a dramatic effect. Make sure the lighting fixture you choose goes well with the theme of the room. Always think of coherence.
• Manage your consoles – Old-school board games and table games are fun to play. But in this age, it is definitely ideal to add game consoles in game rooms. Nothing beats lying down your couch and playing your favorite console games with your friends and family. Now, if you have consoles make sure they are managed well. Make sure their wirings are set up properly. Have cabinets or drawers for your chords, devices, and game discs so that they would not be all over the place.
Do you need help renovating your basement to turn it into a game room? Consult Corefront Custom Homes and Renovations today! Our experts can help you get that beautiful recreational room that you have always wanted. Request a quote from us with ease.