Going to the gym that is far out in the city can be a hassle. Imagine having to leave the comfort of your own home, getting stuck in traffic, and arriving at the gym only to find out that there are also a lot of people using the gym equipments you need. It is for this reason that so many people have decided to have their own gym at home. You can have one as well! If you have a basement, you can always turn it into your own private gym. Here are some tips for you to check out:
• Get low cost gym equipments – For starters, it is important for you to get the most affordable equipments you can get. One example is a good resistance band. You can get one for less than ten dollars. It will help provide resistance whenever you do simple and basic routines. A gym ball, a punching bag, and a few extra towels would also be nice to start with.
• Buy some weights – Next, you should get your weights. No gym is complete without it. You can have at least a pair of 10-pound dumbbells. Of course, you would eventually have to increase your weights to avoid muscle plateau. Getting barbells is also ideal since you could use these to do bench presses.
• Buy a workout bench – A workout bench is also necessary since you would have to use it to do various routines. Some examples include sit-ups, push-ups, and bench presses. If you cannot get a technical workout bench, any adjustable bench would do.
• Get at least one cardio machine – Every private gym needs at least one cardio machine. You cannot rely on strength exercises alone if you want a healthier and leaner body. Some examples of cardio machines include thread mills, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines. Non-electrical models for these machines are available.
• Put up some mirrors – It is practical to put up some mirrors for your private gym. Those huge mirrors that cover a huge part of your wall are recommended. It is always nice to see yourself as you workout so that you would know that you are doing routines in the proper form. Of course, you would want to see how your body is improving. Mirrors can also help make your gym appear bigger.
• Choose good flooring – Now, it is important for you to have good flooring. You would not want to work out on your cold, concrete basement floor, do you? For private gyms, it is practical to get either rubber flooring or cork flooring. These might not come in very cheaply but it is wise to invest in them.
• Leave enough space for you to move – Put as much gym equipment as you can in your private gym. You do not have to do that overnight. You can always add as you deem necessary. But always make sure you leave enough space for you to move around. You need space for stretching, warm-up, and cool-down exercises.
If you need help improving your basement so that it would really look like a nice, private gym, you can always contact Corefront Custom Homes and Renovations. We specialize in basement renovation.