Basement development is increasingly popular amongst homeowners who are looking to utilize the precious space basements have to offer. A developed and renovated basement increases the overall value of the property, even if the homeowner chooses to not put it to use. Before starting the basement development process, it is very important to ensure that basement is properly waterproofed. The cheapest and most basic form of waterproofing entails the use of wall and floor sealers. For houses where flooding or humidity is not really an issue, simply applying an interior wall sealer should be good enough. Always consult an expert before using interior wall sealers; if the water-table around the house is too high, the pressure will compromise the sealer. A more efficient waterproofing system is to employ a drainage system. Interior drainage systems allow water to accumulate before removing it using sump pumps. This is not a practical option for the renovated basements. If you plan to develop the basement, opt for an exterior drainage system. It may be more expensive than an interior drainage system, but definitely works much better. Polymer compounds applied to the exterior walls repel any moisture and humidity and redirect it away from the house via a drainage system.
- Calgary kitchen cabinets – Where can you find cheap cabinet makers?
- Renovating Your Kitchen? Have A Look At The Types of Cupboards You Can Get!
- Bathroom Renovations Calgary costs
- What To Consider When Doing a Whole House Renovation
- Budget-Friendly Home Renovation Ideas for Every Room in Your House
- 7 Home Renovations You’ll Get Your Money Back On
- 13 Steps To Full Home Renovation
- 15 Ways to Save Money on A Home Renovation – A Beautiful Mess
- 7 Home Renovations That Add Major Value, According to Real Estate Expert
- Affordable Kitchen Storage Ideas For A More Practical Kitchen
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins
Error: No connected account.
Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to connect an account.